Nordea Kredit Realkreditaktieselskab today presented the attached Year-end Report January-December 2021 with the following key points:
- 2021 was a busy year in the housing market, resulting in very high activity level at Nordea Kredit. Thanks to the great effort by colleagues in Nordea Kredit and in the customer units of Nordea more than 40.000 customers have been served with mortgage financing.
- Through the past seven quarters Nordea Kredit’s retail market share has continuously increased from 16.2% to 17.1% driven by many new homeowners at Nordea Kredit and growing demand for top-up lending.
- Lending at nominal value grew by 7% in 2021 compared to 3% in 2020. Total lending measured at nominal value increased to DKK 436bn (DKK 409bn) by end of 2021 driven by strong trends within both households and corporate customers.
- Nordea Kredit´s lending increased in all regions in Denmark, and approximately 16% of all loans are issued in areas with average prices per square metre of less than DKK 8,000.
- Nordea’s focus on green transition was clearly reflected in Nordea Kredit’s lending portfolio. The green mortgage loan offering to corporate customers reached DKK 11bn (DKK 4bn) at end-2021.
- Net interest income and commission income improved by 4% and 8%, respectively following the high lending activity.
- The transfer pricing method applied for sales and distribution fees provided by Nordea Bank has been updated to be in line with the development of OECD guidelines, leading to increased intragroup fees. This is the main explanation for the decrease in Profit before impairment losses of 37% to DKK 1,338m (DKK 2,131m).
- Impairment losses on loans significantly improved and amounted to a net reversal of DKK 82m (loss of DKK 491m) due to a low level of realised loan losses combined with a reversal of model-calculated provisions, reflecting the strong credit quality of the loan portfolio.
- Profit before tax amounted to DKK 1,419m (DKK 1,640m).
For further information:
Javier Alberto Lopez Garrido, External Communication DK, +45 70 80 11 62
Nordea Kredit Realkreditaktieselskab
PO Box 850
DK-2300 København S
Nordea is a leading Nordic universal bank. We are helping our customers realise their dreams and aspirations – and we have done that for 200 years. We want to make a real difference for our customers and the communities where we operate – by being a strong and personal financial partner. The Nordea share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Copenhagen and Nasdaq Stockholm exchanges. Read more about us on nordea.com.